St. Dominic is the Catholic faith community in Northfield, MN, and part of the Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis. We invite you to worship with us and share in our commitment to worship, sacrament, education, faith formation, community, and ministry. Please contact the Parish Office or speak to any of the volunteer groups to find your place in our parish and use your time, talent, and treasure for the glory of God. Please, join us for Mass!
News and Events
- ‘Tis the season! Join us for our Thanksgiving Meal Program and Christmas Sharing/Operation Joy! Stop by after mass to get information over the coming weeks.
We have one final week of sessions scheduled in November for the week of Thanksgiving. Registration is open for Monday, November 25; Tuesday, November 26; Friday, November 29; and Saturday, November 30. We would love to have you in our 150th Anniversary Commemorative Directory. If you have not yet signed up for your picture taking session, you can do so on-line at the link below. On-line registration link: https://booknow-lifetouch.appointment-plus.com/yre1kmxq/
- Other upcoming events: Parish Reconciliation Service (Nov 17), Apple Pie Sale (Nov. 23-24)!
- Masses are now available on demand for our homebound parishioners. https://vimeo.com/channels/stdominic
- A prayer group for those suffering with addictions of all kinds has formed to ask for the intercession of Ven. Matt Talbot. Contact Mara with questions about joining this anonymous group. Prayers can be found here.
- Part of volunteering (and being an employee) requires “E3” certification. Certification also needs to be renewed every three years. E3 certification is required for volunteers who volunteer unsupervised with minors and/or vulnerable adults. Click here for more information.
- The Knights of Columbus have started a group rosary on the last Sunday of each month! Bring everyone to the chapel at 10 AM for the rosary before mass. (Are you an 18+ male? Consider joining the KCs!)
- Power Our Parish With Prayer – Do you want to help the parish, but are unsure how to do it? Take a pledge to improve your prayer life and pray for monthly intentions from the church and the school. After each parish staff meeting, I will contact you with stories of how your prayers are working and new intentions. People are noticing the change in the parish! Fill out the form to join our prayer ranks today!
- The latest local events and help organizations can be found under the Resources page.
- Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!
Update from Archbishop Hebda
Archbishop Hebda encourages us all to participate in the Archdiocesan Synod. The event page is here: https://www.archspm.org/synod/
La Comunidad Hispana les invita a la Misa los domingos a las 12:00 p.m. Contamos con los siguientes ministerios y grupos: coro, lectores, ministros de la Eucaristía, RICA, grupo de Oración y Sanación, Jóvenes Adultos y catequesis para el Bautizo y Matrimonio. Para más información de la comunidad hispana y el comité hispano, hacer clic en Comunidad Hispana de Santo Domingo.