Catechists (teachers) and children meet 6:15-7:15 p.m. at St. Dominic School on Wednesday nights. Structure of Learning is as follows:
- Preschool — Old and New Testament Bible Stories
- Kindergarten — Old and New Testament Bible Stories
- First Grade — Prayer: Our Conversations with God
- Second Grade — Sacramental Preparation for Reconciliation and First Holy Eucharist
- Third Grade — Life in the Church: Liturgical Seasons and The Saints
- Fourth Grade — The Bible: Listening and Responding to God
- Fifth Grade — The Mass, the Sacraments, and our participation in the life of Christ
First Reconciliation and First Communion
St. Dominic Faith Formation Program and St. Dominic School children in grade 2 prepare to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation (4:00 p.m. Sunday, November 19, 2017) and Holy Eucharist (weekend Masses on May 5 & 6, 2018). Classroom meetings for students, as well as special sessions for students and their parents, are a part of the interactive learning experience of sacramental preparation.
Older students who have not received these sacraments are encouraged to participate in the program at their grade level with additional, individualized sacramental preparation arranged through the Director of Faith Formation.
If you have not yet registered your child to receive the Sacraments this year, please contact Mara Mangan at the parish office 507-645-8816 ext 205.
Students interested in participating must register by November 1.
2017-2018 Registration Information
Mara Mangan, Director of Faith Formation, (507) 645-8816 ext. 205 or e-mail