St. Dominic has ministered to Catholics in the Northfield area since 1869. The parish now serves the spiritual needs of over 1,400 registered households. We offer faith formation at all levels, outreach programs, and many ways to be involved in the Mass.
We invite you to worship with us and share in our ministry.
Special information about Advent season is now available!
Update from Archbishop Hebda
Archbishop Bernard A. Hebda offers an update on the reorganization process in the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis.
News and Events
- St Dominic Church in cooperation with the Northfield CAC is once again asking for the support from the St. Dominic Parishioners to assist in providing local families with the food needed to prepare their thanksgiving meal. For many years our Thanksgiving Meal Project has been a huge success and your generosity has been greatly appreciated by the families you provided for. All meal baskets will be for a family of five. Sign up will be held in the Narthex after all masses. Collection of the meals will be at the church on Monday November 20 from 5-7 PM and -Tuesday November 21 from 7-10 AM.
- Now Hiring! – Looking for part-time work? We’re looking for a Faith Formation Secretary, working on average 20 hours per week, although actual work varies according to the FF Schedule. The Faith Formation secretary should be responsible and organized with an eye to detail in assisting the director to implement the Faith Formation program. The secretary should be a person knowledgeable about and living the teachings of the Catholic church. The secretary assists the director of Faith Formation in the following capacities:
- 1) Organizing class lists, recording registrations and permissions, contact information, VIRTUS documentation for Wednesday program, Confirmation program, Vacation Bible Camp, and Mission Trip.
- 2) Creating documents and name badges with Word and Excel
- 3) Setting-up and assisting with Wednesday programs, weekend sacramental meetings, VBC, Christmas pageant, NAPS, and other youth program events
- 4) Contacting families through mailings and phone calls, and through managing the program calendar
- 5) Organizing lesson binders and materials for teachers
Contact the Parish Office to apply.
- Power Our Parish With Prayer – Do you want to help the parish, but are unsure how to do it? Take a pledge to improve your prayer life and pray for monthly intentions from the church and the school. After each parish staff meeting, I will contact you with stories of how your prayers are working and new intentions. Fill out the form to join our prayer ranks today!
- The latest local events and help organizations can be found under the Resources page.
- Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook!
Need a few words of wisdom? Watch a short video from Fr. Mike Schmitz about lots of different topics!
La Comunidad Hispana les invita a la Misa los domingos a las 12:30 p.m. Contamos con los siguientes ministerios y grupos: coro, lectores, ministros de la Eucaristía, RICA, grupo de Oración y Sanación, Jóvenes Adultos y catequesis para el Bautizo, Matrimonio y Primera Comunión. Para más información de la comunidad hispana y el comité hispano, hacer clic en Comunidad Hispana de Santo Domingo o leer el boletín hispano.