Brief Parish History
St. Dominic traces its origins to the year 1858 when the first Mass in the area was offered in a private home. In 1869 the first church was built and the parish received its first regular pastor. A brick Romanesque church was completed in 1914, and the present church building was completed in 1986. Our parish mission statement describes us well as a Christian Community committed to serving our community and living the mission of Jesus Christ.